Sunday, August 19, 2007

If Disney did Harry Potter

I don't know how I came across this website, but I spent a delightful hour looking through this person's Disney-animation-style drawings of characters and scenes from the Harry Potter books. They're fantastic! Be sure to check out the extensive Prisoner of Azkaban section, which is almost like a storyboard of the whole book.


When you have a little time, take a look through the website. You can look by book or by each individual character. I especially like the large amount of Lupin drawings. He looks much more like I picture him here than he does in the Warner Bros. movies. Enjoy!

Lupin and Neville discussing the boggart:



Dumbledore with a young Tom Riddle:




The artist protesting a shocking lack of Lupin in later books (notice how they all appear to be female...):


2 comments:

Jays said...

Very entertaining. Not to slight an artist who has obviously worked very hard, but I have to lodge a Formal Complaint that, in my opinion, nobody has yet to properly capture Hermione's look.

Laurie said...

I actually liked most of her Hermione drawings, although I think the one at the top here (which is supposed to be Harry and Hermione hiding from themselves in the broom cupboard near the end of Book 3), does not capture her as adequately as some of the others. She did mention that she had a very difficult time with Hermione's look. Maybe the basic problem is that Hermione is just not supposed to be dazzlingly beautiful, and artists tend to feel as if she ought to be!