Monday, October 29, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Dessicated Grapes



How did I not know this was going on??! Apparently, while I was at work or something, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Harrison Ford, and Shia LaBeouf were a mere few miles away filming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull--right here in Fresno!! They dressed up Chandler Airport to serve the dual purpose of airports from 1957 Connecticut and Mexico City, bringing in period cars and aircraft, including a biplane.


They also filmed a scene at the Dos Palos airfield, which has a WWII-era hangar. They let people watch, and everything. I'm so bummed I missed going over there to stand all day in the sun and act like a crazy fan. Bummer. But hey, the coolest part? That's the airport where I took my first solo flight, so now I can say I landed at the same airport as Indiana Jones!

No comments: