Monday, September 10, 2007

Marcia, Marcia, Mar...um...Julie!

Apparently, the 70's are now "History," according to the American Girl doll company. Here's a picture of the new doll, Julie, and her friend Ivy. They would be about ten years older than I am, I'm guessing.Oh, the fantastically hideous 70's clothes! I feel like I'm looking at the Brady Bunch, or a classic Disney movie!

Julie's accessories are great, too. Who wouldn't want this record player that actually works, and tape recorder that really records your voice:
Or, the piece-de-resistance, the doll-sized Quick Curl Barbie Beauty Center styling head!!


I'm just waiting for the 80's doll...


4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh. My. Gosh. They have the Barbie Head. THE BARBIE HEAD. I can't believe I'm a historical girl. Thanks a lot, American Girl. Was my weighty knowledge of my upcoming 35th birthday not enough for you?

And she's from San Francisco?! In the 70s?! Nothing good can come of this. I can see her books now: Julie and the Homeless Druggie, It's a Protest, Julie!, and the ever popular Julie's Special Revolution.

I suppose they won't be selling any bras for her.

Laurie said...

LOL!! Well, she's only supposed to be nine or ten, so...no bras! And actually, all the books have the same titles (Meet Julie, Julie Learns a Lesson, Julie Saves the Day, etc.), but I think I like yours better! I believe she is the first character who has divorced parents. At least it's not Julie Has Two Mommies!

I just couldn't get over that Barbie Head. Hilarious.

Jays said...

What I want to know is, where are her Easy Bake Oven and Care Bear? Those are the toys I remember from my 70s childhood.

Amy, we should have a "we're turning 35 and we're not happy about it" party. We can wear black, watch a crummy movie, eat rice cakes, drink tepid water, etc.

8675309 said...

Excuse me, but WHERE is Julie's skanky disco halter dress?

But I gotta say, I *LOVE* the Barbie head. I loved MY Barbie head. I miss her.